Facebook has privacy settings that you can use for managing which person shall be able to search or contact you over there. Fortunately, it has plenty of privacy options in its settings, and it gets modified with time because it plays a significant role in the life of the people.
The method of changing Privacy Settings
- Firstly, press an arrow that is pointing downwards. It shall be placed towards the corner side of the Facebook menu.
- Then, press on Settings. It shall be on the pull-down menu.
- After that, press on Privacy.
- Lastly, note that on the given page you shall be able to manage the people who can view your posts.
How to manage that who can send you friend requests?
- Firstly, press on Edit. It shall be immediately after the settings.
- Then, note that you shall be given two options in the pull-down menu. The choice of Everyone will let strangers send a friend request. Whereas the Friends of friends will just let Facebook users send you friend request only if they have mutual friends from your friend list.
Who will be able to look at you by using your mail address?
- Firstly, press on Edit for going to the setting.
- Then, you shall be presented with a dropdown that shall let you select who shall be able to search for you by using your mail address.
- Note that you will get in a total of three options before you. The first one is Everyone. The next one is Friends of Friends, and the last one is Friends.
The method of blocking a stranger who tries to contact you?
- Firstly, go to Privacy Settings.
- Then, press on the of Blocking.
- After that, go to the Block Users part.
- Next, put the name of that person or mail address in the given area to whomever you want to block. This will result in not letting that unwanted person to whom you have blocked from tagging you on any of the posts and pictures and from contacting you by chat or video call.
- Note that the above stated blocking action shall not make any changes to any of your applications, or in the groups where both of you have participated earlier.
Hope you have been able to block strangers from finding you in search on Facebook after going through this blog thoroughly.
Lucia Mandela is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Lucia has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.