You must be wondering how a person can use their Android and iOS device as a webcam. After all, webcams are connected to computers allowing the users to stream any image or video. And the webcams are usually connected to the computers via USB.
Finding a good webcam in the present time has become quite difficult as people don’t use it anymore. All the features of a webcam have now shifted directly on your phones. So, why not use your phone as a webcam as well? There, undoubtedly, are a lot of apps that you can use to convert your mobile or tablet into a webcam, but here we are going to talk about some other solid options.
The following are the methods, tips, and tricks on how you can convert your Android and iOS devices into a webcam.
Use your iPhone or iPad as a webcam
According to our research, we have found DroidCam as one of the best applications to use on your iPhone or iPad to convert them into a webcam. You can download this app from the app store and setting it up is very easy. It also works flawlessly. The installation process for DroidCam on your iOS device and computer is given below.
If you are using iOS 10.3 or higher software, then you can download EpocCam, and the best part is that you wouldn’t need any cables to get it to work. Download and install the EpocCam app from the app store. This app is available on both Windows 10 and Mac OS, unlike DroidCam, which is available to only Windows 10 and Linux users.
Follow these steps to set up EpocCam:
- To download the app for your computer, you can head directly to their developer’s site, i.e., Kinoni.com.
- After completing the installation process on your desktop, make sure that your iOS device and computers are running on the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Open the mobile application and launch any video conferencing app that you prefer. Then in the camera Settings, select EpocCam as your default camera. After tweaking the settings, you will get a notification on your computer screen confirming that the mobile camera is now connected with her computer via Wi-Fi or LAN.
Use Android Devices as Webcam
Just like iOS, you have to download the DroidCam app for Android as well. Droidcam has provided the best set-up, reliability, security, and smart solutions in one place. Make sure that your mobile is running on Android 5.2 lollipop for any other higher & latest Android software. Android users can connect the webcam to Windows 10 and Linux only. On your Windows download the DroidCam Client 6.2 to prevent any interruption. The installation and connection procedures will be mentioned below at the end of this topic.
Following are the common installation steps for DroidCam that you can use for both Android and iOS device:
- After installing the app on mobile, install it on your computer to allow it to install auto drivers and uncheck the box for ‘Always Trust Software from DEV47APPS’.
- Once the installation process is complete, and the app starts running on your device, find the option to help you connect your device wirelessly with your computer or via USB if required. We would recommend you to use a Wi-Fi connection as it will make the procedures more comfortable.
- Under the ‘Connect Over Wi-Fi’ option, you have to enter your device’s IP address.
- Now open the DroidCam app on your mobile or tablet. Enter the IP address appearing on your mobile screen to your computer screen. Make sure that you have marked the boxes for audio and video.
- On the DroidCam app on your mobile, tap on the vertical dots to open Settings. In the camera section, choose either front-facing or rear camera. Then click on the start button on the desktop app.
- Open any of your preferred video conferencing apps and switch the default camera to ‘DroidCam Source 2 or 3.’ your set-up will be completed.