Well, Facebook does not provide any official tool to search friends using pictures; still, there are some tricks which you can bring to use to try and find someone using their photograph.
Facebook assigns an ID number to each and every picture uploaded by a user. If you are looking for a Facebook profile by a person’s image, then there can be a possibility that the photograph you have is the same as the person’s profile picture on their Facebook profile. A user can use this unique ID number to find the person they are looking for.
Even after downloading the picture from the social site, this unique ID number of the photograph can still be accessed by viewing its details. So a person can try and use this unique number to try and find the one they are looking for with the help of their photograph. To find someone using their picture, follow the steps given below in proper sequence.
- First, right click on the desired image that you want to look for on Facebook.
- Now choose the “Open in New Tab” option in your Google Chrome browser. If you have some different browser installed then choose a similar option to browse in a new window.
- Then look for the set of three numbers which are split by underscores inside the address bar or at the file name of the designated image.
- After that, look for the middle string of numbers. This string of numbers is the required ID number you are looking for. Copy this number as it would be required in the next steps.
- Now open a new window of your web browser and launch the Facebook website by entering WWW.Facebook.com inside the address bar on the top.
- Now paste the copied ID number inside the address bar and press enter. Remember, there should be no space in between the Facebook web address and the ID number of your targeted picture.
After pressing enter, the user will automatically be redirected to the profile on which the designated image was posted. You can now send a friend request or use Messenger to connect with the person.
Another means to search for a person using their image is by Reverse image search. Refer to the steps mentioned below to use this method to search a Facebook profile of an individual using their image or photo.
- Right click on the targeted image and choose the “Search Google for Image” option.
- New browser window would pop up with possible matches for the photo you selected.
- Then remove the text from the search bar and type in “site:sacebook.com” and hit “Enter.”
- Now navigate through the presented results and look for the profile of an individual whom you are searching for.
By going through the steps mentioned above, an individual can easily search for a friend’s or a person’s Facebook profile by using their picture or image. Hopefully, users will be able to look for any individual with great ease and connect to them.
Lucia Mandela is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Has passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.