The Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x800f0831 is an error check that occurs when users are trying to updating their system to Windows 10 or downloading any other latest update. However, when error code 0x800f0831 appears on the screen, it immediately blocks the updating process whenever users are trying to upgrade their Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10. Though there are numerous of Windows Updates errors, occur, all of them can be resolved by users easily. Well, these errors are caused due to inaccessible Windows update service, Windows Store cache, antivirus software, or might be some damaged update files.
Furthermore, Microsoft doesn’t provide any solutions for fixing error code 0x800f0831. So here we will try to help you in resolving the Windows 10 update bugs. Installing the latest updates is very much essential to maintain a system’s performance and security. Before continuing with the technical process for troubleshooting this error, we suggest you follow the below-mentioned steps which are as follows:
- Restart your computer system either in regular mode or Safe mode.
- Try to Clean Boot properly.
- Carefully run the Windows Update Troubleshooter tool.
- Temporarily turn off antivirus software.
- Run DISM and sfc/scannow through Command Prompt.
- Download and Install any antivirus to perform a full scan of your system.
Steps to Resolve Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x800f0831
To resolve this Windows 10 Update error code 0x800f0831 one may need to follow some troubleshooting steps which are discussed below. But if you suggest these steps in the correct series as given will help you in fixing bugs easily. Here how to do it:
For disabling proxy, follow the instruction and troubleshoot your issues in a jiffy. Know how to do it:
- Press Windows + R keys altogether on the keyboard to open ‘Run’ search box on the screen.
- Under ‘Run’ search box, type the following command: ‘inetcpl.cpl.’
- Once typed, tap on the ‘Enter’ button to continue the process.
- Alternatively, choose the ‘Connections’ option.
- After that, click on the ‘LAN Settings’ to launch it on the screen.
- Look for ‘Automatically Detect Settings’ option.
- Once found, checkmark the box appears next to ‘Automatically Detect Settings’ to enable it.
- Lastly, find out the ‘Proxy Server’ option and uncheckmark the box just to turn off the proxy settings.
However, if this method doesn’t help you in fixing the error code 0x800f0831, then we would suggest you to carefully check out date & time settings are correct or not. Incorrectly setting of date and time may crash Windows Store and Windows update services and that’s the reason behind the up-gradation process fail to download or install. Hopefully, this blog article will help you out in fixing the Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x800f0831.
Dave Hogan is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.
Source: Windows 10