If you wish to know only the information related to the recent version of your Windows and other basic specification like memory and processor, you can use the Settings app. Here are the steps to check the related information:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Click the System option.
3. Now, click ‘About.’
4. Check the “Device specifications” and “Windows specifications” to know exact information your PC and OS.
The Device specifications section will let you know about the name of your device, processor, memory, device and product ID, system type, and even if your device supports a stylus or not. On the other side, the Windows specifications section offers you the information related to the Windows edition, version, date of installation as well as the recent build number.
How to use the System Information tool to check system information
Another option is to use the System information tool to check your PC specifications. It has been the best solution to check your computer specifications for a long time. Follow these steps to use this tool:
1. Click the Start button.
2. Enter System Information and select the top option available on the screen.
3. Move forward by clicking the System Summary option present on the left side of the display.
4. You will see all the relevant information.
If you want to see your system model, type, processor, installed memory, the latest date of update, and other details, then it will be available in the System Summary view. But, to see the graphics card information, you will have to go to the Components section.
How to create a system specification report
Generate the full description of your PC’s specification by using the System Information tool. Follow these steps:
1. Again, click Start.
2. Enter System Information in the search bar and select the top option.
3. Choose the specs that you desire to export.
4. Click the File option and then the Export option.
5. Choose the desired folder to save the exported file.
6. Type in an ideal name of the perfect and hit the Save option.
7. Your data will be kept in a text file after saving. Open the same with any of the installed text editors.
How to use Command Prompt to check system information
The Command Prompt will also show you relevant computer details. Go through these step to know system information through Command Prompt:
1. As usual, click on Start.
2. Search Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator option.
3. Enter the systeminfo command and press the Enter button to see the information.
The hardware and software information of your PC such as RAM, network details, system architecture and more will be updated after following these steps.
Lucia Mandela is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Lucia has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup .