TikTok is a fun media app, which has become very popular among teenagers. TikTok allows you to watch, create and share musical clips, lip-sync to songs, shoot short videos. Users can also edit their videos with its built-in special effects, filters and stickers.
If you are also interested in TikTok and want to create videos then here is how to use TikTok to create and edit music videos.
How to Pick Music for your TikTok Video
1. Open ‘TikTok’ app on your device.
2. Log into Tiktok. You need to login to create a video, if you don’t have a TikTok account then create an account.
3. Now, hit ‘Add [+] sign button’. After login, you’ll see this button at the bottom of the TikTok homepage.
4. Tap ‘Pick a Sound’ button with Music sign at the top of your phone screen. Doing this will open Music Library.
5. Allow if TikTok will ask you to permit to use Camera, Microphone, etc.
6. Tap on a song from the TikTok’s built-in music library to preview it.
7. Tap ‘Shoot with this sound’ to select it, when you found music to shoot your video.
8. Tap on ‘Cut song (Scissors-shaped icon)’ to choose your Music’s starting point.
9. Scroll toward the right to select the point at which you want your music to begin.
10. Hit ‘Checkmark’ to save.
How to record a TikTok video
1. Point your phone camera at a subject that you want to record.
2. Tap ‘Flip’ (circling arrows) button at the top-right corner of the screen to switch between cameras.
3. Now, press & hold the ‘Recording’ button. It is a camera circle at the bottom of the screen. Hold the recording button as long as you want to film.
4. Release the ‘Recording’ button when your recording is finished.
You can record a video from minimum 3 seconds to maximum 15 seconds.
To record video Hands-free:
- Tap on ‘Stopwatch’ icon at the right side of your screen.
- Choose the time when you want to stop the recording.
- Now, tap on ‘Start Countdown’. The countdown will start from 3 after that camera starts recording.
- Tap ‘Stop’ icon at the bottom to return to normal recording. You can return normal filming anytime by pressing ‘Stop’ button.
Now, you can record a TikTok video without holding your phone.
To Add effects on your Video:
- Click on ‘Wand-shaped’ icon to apply the “Beauty effects” to your video.
- Touch on the ‘Filter’ button to use a colour filter. You can swipe between them and choose the colour filter you want.
- Select the button at the lower-left corner of your screen to choose lenses.
- Use the ‘Speed’ button to control the speed of your video.
To delete or reshoot your video:
- Tap the ‘Cross (X) button’ at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Click on the ‘Reshoot’ button to rerecord a new video.
- Or hit, ‘Exit’ button to delete.
- You can also use ‘Delete’ button of the right bottom corner to erase the last recorded segment.
- Hit ‘Check’ button at the bottom right corner of the screen to save your video and open video editing page.
- Now you can edit it more as you want, share on TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook and also save to your Device.
Lucia Mandela is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.