Wi-Fi security cameras play a significant role in working places like shops and offices. There are even many famous cases, that I guess you may have come across, about thieves who got caught because of such hidden cameras. If you want to have such cameras but are getting confused about which one to purchase, then this blog is perfect for you.
Let’s explore the safety features of these wireless security cams
- Know About IP Cameras
In total, there are two significant types of Wi-Fi activated security cameras-
- Traditional IP cameras
- New-age smart camera devices- For instance, Nest Cam and Cloud Cam.
These are standard security cameras that get connected to the network by Wi-Fi or else by a wired Ethernet. They come with a web-based interface that is used for watching the saved items. These devices can be connected to your other electronic devices like your PC or a video recorder. It will support to watch your feeds at one specific area. The cameras might have inbuilt space for storing but if it gets filled, then you should make some extra-efforts if you are concerned about your items.
- Smart Cameras Are Different Than The Rest
Some of the modern security cameras- For instance, Ring Spotlight Camera and Logitech Circle 2 that is a bit different than the above stated IP cameras. These are made considering their usability so their users can use that properly.
- These cameras need you to use your online account. This feature adds on protection to your feeds.
- These accounts. some of the times. have multi-factor authentication for adding more security. This is so that even if the thieves who get to know about your password will not be able to steal your feeds.
- These types of cameras get updated with the new firmware too. Thankfully, you don’t need to update them by yourself for solving your security issues.
- The method of putting it is as follows-
- Firstly, plug in the
- Then, make an online account.
- After that, connect both of them.
- Lastly, set a strong password and even put two-factor authentication. This will lead your feeds to be fully secure.
- Select A Camera That Has Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Two-factor authentication is the feature that a smart camera needs to comprise for keeping your feeds super safe. Users can make two-factor authentication (2FA) for your accounts like Facebook.
Unfortunately, there are smart cameras of Netgear’s Arlo who don’t have the feature of multi-factor authentication.
So always look at every feature properly before purchasing your smart camera.
Lucia Mandela is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Lucia has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup .