Sadly, Windows 10 consists of plenty of inbuilt advertisements. And many of the times while doing the official work we get disturbed in between because of advertisements. To prevent such advertisements, follow the instructions provided below carefully.
- Prevent Lock Screen Advertisementsa
Windows 10 currently shows advertisements on the lock screen by Windows Spotlight. Many of the times Windows Spotlight have a wonderful collection of wallpapers but at the same time, it also does support ads for some of the games. To avoid these lock screen advertisements you just need to follow some easy steps.
- Firstly, head towards settings.
- Then, Personalization.
- After that, Lock screen.
- Lastly, adjust the background to the Picture or Slideshow rather than Windows Spotlight.
- Also, you might need to prevent the tips, facts, news and lot many things from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen section.
- Prevent Suggested Applications From Displaying In The Menu
Normally Windows 10 shows ‘suggested applications’ in your Start menu. However, not all of them are free of cost. It has been seen that Microsoft has utilized this characteristic to do advertising of many games. To free up some storage section in your start menu you should definitely try to avoid it. To do that follow the steps listed below:
- Firstly, go to S
- Then, navigate to Personalization.
- After that, begin and put the ‘Occasionally show suggestions in Start’ settings to ‘off’.
- Prevent Taskbar Pop-ups
Windows 10 shows taskbar pop-up advertisements which in Microsoft language is known as ‘tips, tricks, and suggestions’. But if you want to do applications of your own likes without the interference of Microsoft then follow the given below instructions carefully.
- Firstly, go to settings.
- Then, select system.
- After that, Notifications and Actions.
- Lastly, turn off the ‘Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows’.
- Stop Notification Advertisements From Showing
In the Creators Update, Microsoft included the latest suggestion that displays as notifications. These advertisements let you know about different Windows characteristics and show as simple desktop notifications. For instance, you can get a notification to manage Cortana. Same as other notifications, they are also saved in the ‘Action Center’ so that you can watch them afterwards. To remove these suggestions that display as notifications, follow the given steps.
- Firstly, go to Settings.
- Then, select System.
- After that, in notifications and action section see ‘Show me the Windows Welcome..’ -Disable it.
Hope, this blog would have been helpful to you.
Lucia Mandela is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Lucia has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup .