If you are sick and tired of getting Facebook Messenger notifications on your iOS device, then read this blog to find out how to disable them.
Disabling Notifications on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- Launch the Setting tab in Messenger:
- Directly any user can adjust some of his/her notification setting in the Messenger app.
- Hit the “Setting” tab at the lower-right corner to start the process.
- Select “Notification” in the setting tab:
- Messenger notification setting will appear on the screen.
- Important: Users cannot change the Messenger notification sound on iOS.
- Mute Messenger notifications for a specific time.
- To temporary mute, click the “Mute” slider.
- A user can set the duration of up to 24 hours.
- But by the above way notification cannot be permanently put on off.
- User can take a short break from notification by using Mute option.
- Toggle “Show Previews” off.
- Messenger notifications will be blocked from showing on the screen or any message which received by the user.
- Choose the “Notification in Messenger” to tweak in-app notifications.
- While using if the Messenger app is launched and active, it uses different sounds and vibration.
- Users can on/off in the menu.
- Launch the Setting app on the device to completely turn off notifications.
- Messenger notification can be completely disabled by the user, with the same time he or she can adjust other notification setting, from the Setting app on the iOS device.
- Choose “Notifications” and then “Messenger”.
- Notification setting for messenger will be launched.
- On/off “Allow Notifications” off to turn off all Messenger notifications.
- Every notification will turn off for Messenger, with the same time will also disable the extra option underneath the slider.
- Set extra notification options if you keep them enabled. If user decided to keep messenger notifications enabled, he or she can adjust some options in the menu:
- Select “Show in Notification Center” to on/off whether Messenger notification appears in the pull-down Notification Center.
- Select “Sound” to turn notification sound off or on.
- To switch the unread message number on the Messenger icon on/off, choose “Badge” option.
- To hide or show notification when users device is locked select “Show on Lock Screen”.
Lucia Mandela is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Lucia has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup